Are you looking to improve your skills in Maths? Do you need to achieve a Level 2 or equivalent for a new role or course?
As skills-based qualifications which work around practical everyday situations, you will watch online tutorial videos on core topics, complete practical self-marking activities and skill checks to build your understanding of those areas you need to improve.
The course is run primarily using our online learning platform, with 1-1 support available. When you are nearing the end of your learning journey, you will be invited to complete mock exams before agreeing your examination date.
The exam is split into 2 elements totalling 1 hour 55 minutes:
- Non-Calculator (25 minutes)
- Calculator (1 hour 30 minutes)
Examinations are carried out online or at an NWCS site under exam conditions. There are no set timescales for examinations as they can be taken at any time during your course.
- Functional Skills are recognised GCSE alternative qualifications, with a Level 2 being equivalent to a GCSE grade 4-9 (C-A*).
- The programme is structured to fit around you. We undertake a thorough assessment of your current skills and identify what support you will require to help you achieve your goal.
- Using a blended learning approach, you will have access to an online learning platform and 1-1 support from a dedicated Training Officer.
- On successful achievement of your exam, you will be awarded a Functional Skill Qualification in Maths at either Level 1 or 2 accredited by Pearson.
What you will learn
- Whole Numbers e.g., Large Numbers, Positive & Negative Numbers
- Calculations e.g., Round & Estimate, Calculations, Formulae
- Fractions, Decimals, Percentages and Ratio e.g., Equivalences
- Measure, Shape and Space
- Measure e.g., Money, Length, Weight & Capacity, Compound Measures, Perimeter, Area & Volume, Scale
- Shape e.g., 3D Shapes, Angles and Coordinates
- Statistics and Data
- Handling Information and Data e.g., Scatter Diagrams
- Statistics e.g., Averages & Range, Frequency Tables, Probability, Tree Diagrams and Tables